Wednesday, April 12, 2006

UCLA Day

Today I went to UCLA. In order to get to campus from the Institute building, I usually walk along what I like to call Sorority Row. It makes me feel like I'm in Legally Blonde, before she goes to Harvard. Stapled to a telephone pole nearby was a white piece of paper with black large font that says "Helen of Troy Model Needed" and then at the bottom it has phone number fringe. Seems like I'm always seeing random pieces of paper looking for actresses or models, but only along Sorority Row. I've walked past that piece of paper for several weeks now, and I always think it should probably say something more like, "Are you beautiful, gullible, and a looking for a stalker? Then call me!" But I guess I'm not the only one who finds the sign suspect because only one of the little phone numbers has been ripped off, and I hope it was by the sign maker him- or herself.

Today I also walked by a booth with signs that said stuff like "Break away from the Democrats, the party of racism and war!" and "Stop the thought police!" and "Party for REAL socialist reform!" So I moved from one extreme (in Utah I would occasionally hear that Bush wasn't conservative enough or that the UN is the modern day equivalent of Secret Combinations) to another. Change can be quite refreshing.

No comments: