Saturday, April 01, 2006
Almost Famous
While watching the BYU mixed choir, my in-laws reminded me of the time I sang in the choir at the Relief Society General Broadcast. Now, I'm not really a music person in the sense that I don't participate in choir just because I love to sing. My involvement in ward or stake choir is usually motivated by the possible social benefits or guilt, which is pretty much the strongest source of motivation in my life. And I'm certainly not there because of any great talent. But when the opportunity came to participate in the choir for the broadcast, I jumped at it for the simple reason that I wanted to be on TV. Okay, so I also thought it would be cool to get a seat in the Tabernacle (yes, it was a long time ago), and I sort of hoped I might just bump into one of the apostles down in those tunnels under the Tabernacle. Obviously God knew that my reasons for participating were purely selfish because I didn't even come close to showing up in TV. And this isn't the first time I've missed my chance at fame. I've even been asked to pose for a picture taken on Temple Square by the Church Magazine photographers and still didn't show up in the magazine. But it seems that I've got at least one more chance. Yesterday my friend called to tell me that she got us tickets to the Ellen Degeneres show. The taping is May 9 and maybe, if I'm lucky this time I'll show up on TV when the show airs on May 10. Of course, all this is assuming that my thesis doesn't kill me first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
You get to go to the Ellen show?!! That will be so much fun. Make sure you dance really crazy (just think about your thesis and I'm sure your moves will be jerky and twitchy enough) and then I'm sure you'll make it on television. I'll be watching.
Yeah, this will be the "pre-defense but I'm all done with my thesis celebration." I hope. Eeak.
Ellen Degeneres... a prophet...
Singing... dancing...
I'd say your a winner either way.
Post a Comment