Monday, April 10, 2006

Too Much Skin

Since moving to California, we've had the luxury of living on the top floor of our apartment building, the fourth to be exact. Unfortunately our balcony faces a relatively nice hotel, which has five floors. So from our balcony we have a lovely view of the hotel, one tall pine tree, and the sky. Today the sky has been overcast and cloudy. In fact it's been raining off and on for what seems like a long time. Granted, our weather is nothing like Utah's, Seattle's, or Portland's, but it has been a little cooler than comfortable for the past four months, almost wintery in fact. (In December, the temperature would still get up to the low eighties every now and then.) I'm not complaining though, because I've realized that when the temperature is lower than seventy and especially when it's raining, I don't have to worry about seeing shirtless men or men wrapped in nothing but those tiny white hotel towels, which are usually only slightly bigger than a washcloth, out on their balconies at the hotel. In fact the nakedness has pretty been much eliminated these last four months, and all I can say is bring on the rain.

2 comments:

Elder Richey said...

There's nothing like a little unwanted nudity. Yee hah. You should mention that in your thesis conclusion to give it a little pop. What do you think?

Timid Tripper said...

Hmm. Maybe that's just what I need to give it the pizzazz I'm looking for. :) At the very least, maybe it would get me over my writing fatigue.