Thursday, April 13, 2006

In All Seriousness

So few days ago in an effort to help out a friend, I was looking at wedding photographers in Louisiana when I came across this photographer's ad. You'll have to click on the link to see what I'm talking about because I'm not going to put the picture on my blog. First of all, I'm hopelessly anal about copyright issues and second of all, if posting her picture here is an infringement of copyright, I'm sort of scared that this photographer will find me out and come after me.

I don't think I had the appropriate reaction to this photo. Rather than be stunned by the power of the image, my first thought was, "Is that her real-deal wedding dress? I hope that tux is a rental." Then I started to wonder how often dry cleaners find themselves cleaning sand and salt water off wedding dresses and tuxes. I know that photographers have ways to protect the clothing while taking such shots, but I'm racking my brain to figure out what she used for this one. If it was good ole blue tarp, she's done a great job of hiding it. And then I started to wonder what beach they took this photo at. I sure hope it wasn't the Louisiana coast, which seems sort of likely since she's a photographer for southern Louisiana. If you've never been to the LA coast, unlike Texas and Alabama, the LA coast is undeveloped and all natural. Well, that is except for the oil rigs a couple miles off shore. So the sand is more like mud, and it's not unusual to find byproducts of the oil rigs washed ashore, including dead fish. All this gives added meaning to her request of serious inquiries only. You'd have to be pretty serious to be willing to roll around in your wedding garb on a Louisiana beach. But maybe they went to Texas.

No comments: