Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Search Goes On

Since we're still looking for an apartment in Utah, I've been browsing Craig's List. Today I came across an interesting posting for a spacious 3 bedroom 2 bath home. Just a few lines down, in complete contradiction of the title is this statement: "Sorry no bathroom or dishwasher (we are trying to put one in)." That's got to be a typo right? I know I'm a bit picky, but I don't think a bathroom is too much to hope for.

Speaking of a lack of bathrooms, I need some ideas for Girls' Camp. I know I don't have very many readers out there, but I would appreciate any ideas for evening campfire activities, especially the sort of activities that might calm the girls down. In other words, any sort of spiritual activities like a guest speaker or a reader's theater. I'd also love to hear about any fun campfire traditions that you remember from your Girls' Camp days. All I can think of are the funny songs we used to sing and the skits. And if there just happen to be a few people out there reading this blog who I don't know, I'd love to hear your ideas too!

For old time's sake, here are some of the words to one of my old favorites. And for anyone who works for Big Love or any other show like that and just happens to come across this blog, this song is meant to be a joke. You'd think that would be obvious, but some people take things so seriously and then they show up in TV shows about polygamy.

I don't care if he's short, fat, or tall.
I don't care if he's handsome at all.
I don't care if he's old and corroded.
I don't care just as long as he's loaded.

Loaded with money, money
Loaded with money.
Loaded with money, money
Loaded with money.

Ah, the values I learned at Girls' Camp.

2 comments:

CLAMES said...

I remember we would be divided into groups and then we were given a trash bag full of random items. We would have to make up a skit with all the stuff and use everything. I can't remember if we were given a theme or not.

Elder Richey said...

I'm trying to remember some of the fun things that we would do. Let me see . . . every year we had awards. The junior leaders were the ones who came up with the awards and we had them at the end so that the award went along with something you'd become known for during that year's camp. There were little toys from the dollar store and little certificates so they had a general idea of what the awards could be. It was fun and creative.
Smores are always good.
Stories are always good whether they be spiritual, scary, etc.
I shall continue to ponder and get back to you.