But I think the really culprit is my quilt project. Two or maybe even three years ago before I decided to go back to school, my mom bought me some quilt block patterns and the fabric to go with it. This year I finally pulled it all out and started working on it. The problem is that these quilt blocks belong to a larger group of quilt blocks. It's one of those projects where you piece several different sections separately and then you put them together to make a larger picture. Only I didn't like the larger picture, but I did like the two quilt blocks I bought. I figured I could turn them into table runners or something. But I really didn't think about it too seriously. Instead I just bought the fabric according to the directions on each section.
So that means that now I have some quilt blocks that don't really go together and not enough fabric to make them into any sort of quilt. You can see my progess thus far in the sidebar. And, although I don't really know this for sure, I'm assuming that I can't buy anymore of this fabric since I bought it all three years ago and it's probably no longer fashionable. So I've spent the last two days trying to figure out what I could do with the fabric that I do have. First I came up with this idea.

But I could never squeeze that many log cabins out of the fabric I have left. But I might get away with the center portion. I also came up with this idea for the center.

But what's really killing me is the math. I've decided I'm pretty good at coloring on graph paper, but figuring out just how much fabric I'll need for my different designs and how much I have left is killing me. So today I took a nap instead of thinking about quilting. Yup, life is strenuous these days. At any rate, I'm thinking that if I occasionally report on my progress by posting pictures in my sidebar, then I'll be motivated to stick with this project.

1 comment:
I have beautiful Chiratmas quilt... that may never be finished. I spent A LOT of cash and a lot of time. It is even all pieced topgether, but I tried to machine quilt it--big mistake.
One of these days. I keep saying that "it will definitely be done in time for Christmas..."
Post a Comment