So I got this email forward the other day about the way the world is going. Apparently during World War II there was a woman named Irena Sendler who managed to smuggle thousands of children out of the Warsaw ghetto.* Recently she was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize, but instead the honor went to Al Gore. And all he did was come up with some slide show and then charged people to go see it. Oh what a world, what a world.
I've been thinking that whoever looked at the raisins in pumpkin bread and thought, "those kind of look like chocolate chips" and then introduced that to the world--that person should get the Nobel Peace Prize.
*If you're interested in knowing more about what happened to Jewish children in the ghettos, Yellow Star by Jennifer Roy is a short but informative book that I highly recommend.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I agree with the pumpkin bread statement. Actually, with the entire post! Except the book recommendation--I don't know that book. :)
Love this post! I totally want to read that book. Boo on Al Gore for winning, but you know, he invented the internet so he should get something for that!
Post a Comment