When we were shopping around for houses, I thought that we were also doing a decent job researching the neighborhood. Now that we've lived in this house for a few months, I've realized that the next time I buy a house, I'm going to have to rethink a few of my questions.
We asked about the mosquitos. Instead we should have asked if there are any other insects or pests that invade homes around here, like wasps that will build several large nests on my house.
Instead of asking how loud the train is or how often the train tracks are used, we should have asked if they are thinking about adding any other trains to this area, like maybe Frontrunner?
Of course it's not all bad. Before we put in an offer on this house, I wanted to check out the local library to make sure it would be good enough, but I never got around to it. And Dan wasn't too keen on the idea that after months of looking I might have a problem with the one neighborhood we finally agreed on because the library wasn't up to my standards. The good news is that I've been really pleased with our local library. As far as I could tell, their young adult audio books were pretty current and any place that has both Alias and Cranford in it's DVD collection passes my inspection.
Sunday, August 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh, I will be really sad to leave the libraries here in MD if we move. They are really, really great. But hey, at least you don't have to ask about neighbors you share walls with like we townhome folk do! I will not necessarily share with potential buyers that the kids next door play electric guitar and drums . . .
I have to mention that I recently enrolled in netflix...
I ordered Cold Comfort Farm in your honor (had never indulged before...). Should not have been surprised (but I was) to find that Mr Nix had not only seen it, but that it is one of his family's favorites...
I said "maybe you were really meant for my Timid cousin..."
I am pretty sure that he likes cranberry sauce on turkey too (the jellied kind that plops out of the can in only large cylindrical mass of deliciousness) and he does not have a problem with Communist women, so Dan better be thankful I have set my hooks early and deep...
Hey Alisa! Could you email me your other blog address, we got a new computer and I don't have the address anymore! Thanks! Can't wait to catch up!
Post a Comment