Regardless of what I think about the different parties and their candidates, I think it's pretty darn cool that we'll either end up with a black president or a female vice president.
And NPR reported that last week, during Obama's speech at the DNC, more people tuned in to watch than watched the finale of American Idol. Rather than see it as any sort of statement about American Idol's plummeting ratings, I prefer to focus on the civic mindedness of America. Of course now I have to admit that even though I did watch the finale of American Idol, during Obama's speech, I was playing Skipbo with Dan. But inspired by NPR's report I watched quite a bit of the RNC last night.
Friday, September 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I have to agree with all of your statements! But, I would honestly watch anything rather than American Idol. So, we need to get together! We are trying to get settled, but would love to have you guys over. Let me know when you guys are free!
HA! Yes, we did watch Idol, but in our defense, we usually speed watch the finale, and fast forward most of it. I'm happy to hear more people are watching something slightly more important! :) (If only teenagers could vote for presidential candidates over the phone!)
Post a Comment