Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Purple Line on My Dairy-air

So Tuesday morning I was feeling some anxiety and I decided to nip it in the bud by praying in that moment. I had just finished showering, so I decided that rather than open the door and disturb peacefully sleeping Dan with the bathroom light, I would just kneel in the bathroom on my floor mat. I should add that it was early and I hadn't eaten breakfast yet. Despite my efforts at being spiritual, I wasn't really feeling spiritual enough to pray in the right position, meaning that I was crouched on our floormat with my head on the floor. After letting all the blood pool in my head, I stood up--a little too quicly--and everything went fuzzy. I put my hand out to steady myself on the door. The next thing I knew, my butt really hurt and so did my head. And then I started to realize that I was waking up next to our shower. Why on earth was I sleeping next to the shower I wondered. Just then Dan frantically pushed open the bathroom door. He pulled me to my feet as I started to put the pieces together and realize that I had passed out. So now I have a long thin bruise on my hiney where I fell against the shower step. I do love showing off my wounds and I wish I could take a picture of it for all y'all, but it is on my butt. At any rate, I'm fine. And before you ask, no, I'm not pregnant. And Dan has convinced me that if I need to pray, he'd rather that I disturb him with a little light in the morning rather than the sound of my body hitting the shower door.

6 comments:

Katie M. said...

That's hilarious (and a little scary, too). I'm glad you're okay!

Elder Richey said...

Poor Dan . . . and you, of course :) It looks like your prayer for relief from whatever was causing you to be anxious was answered by some good old fashioned physical pain--and just think, that bruise on your behind will act like a penny in your shoe; every time you sit down you will remember that prayer and how it was answered, just not in the way you expected it :)

Seriously though, I hope all is well. I loved seeing the pics of your house. It looks really nice and I am glad to have a funny, intelligent, home-owning friend like you. Welcome to the homeowners club.

Cami said...

Ouch! Oh, that must have been scary for Dan. Once when my family was visiting, I heard a big bang and then slide sound, but I ignored it. About 10 minutes later my little sister came up the stairs saying she had passed out. And I heard it! Poor girl. Good luck with that bruise. I'll bet it's spectacular!

terica said...

Ouchie! You poor thing and how scary for Dan. Andy passed out a few years ago and it was so scary for me! Hope you are feeling ok and the bruise is healing quickly.

The Hyer Family said...

I laughed out loud...too funny! We miss you guys!

Brittany said...

Yikes! Glad you're okay.