
Every now and then I do something that amazes Dan. Sometimes it makes him realize how lucky he is to have married such a gal like myself. One thing he's particularly fond of is the fact that every time I watch Rocky (which is one and a half times), I cry at the very end. I can't help but get choked up over the fact that he went the distance. He doesn't care that I also cried in Evan Almighty. It's enough that I get teary in Rocky too. Hence the Valentine's Day card that Dan got me.
And then every now and then I do something that makes Dan shake his head in disbelief, like the other night when we went to see U2 3D at the Imax. Dan loves U2 and I'd heard it was almost like seeing a real concert. Plus I love 3D movies. Let me say that although it was very entertaining, it wasn't quite like any of the live concerts I've been to. At a live concert I'd be clapping and screaming at the end of each song and singing along, and if I really let the euphoria of the masses take me over, I might even be standing up and dancing. But unlike the guy next to me, who was screaming and clapping, I couldn't get over my inhibitions. So instead I nestled down in my seat and before long, I started to doze off occasionally. Again, something that would never happen at a real concert. And that's what had Dan stunned, amazed, and disgusted with his weak wife who let her physical body overtake her mind. Never mind the fact that the movie started at 10:30 p.m. and I'd been up since 5:15 a.m. or that after awhile it started to feel like one long music video. At any rate, I will say that it was entertaining and a much cheaper way to see U2 in concert, but if you do go, don't let anyone kid you into believing it will be like a real concert. Maybe if you accept it for what it is, you'll be able to trully enjoy it and you won't find yourself dozing off.

3 comments:
Well, let me tell you what. I was screaming and clapping and singing along and I STILL almost dozed off. I can't really help it at the moment, and also I've seen this concert before, lots of times in person and on DVD, so it was nothing new except the cool 3D. STILL! I was a little appalled myself.
Well, I don't have pregnancy as an excuse, but I was in the middle of PMS which tends to include exhaustion for me along with insane food cravings.
For the record, I cried at Evan Almighty too. Partly because it was just so bad and partly because I had just gotten engaged and was sending my fiancé off to war... (no worries, he is back safely now, and though his actual job was all top secret, near as I can tell he was like a receptionist while he was over there) still... I gave the film a thumbs up in the end. (Does it seem to you like I always sort of miss the essential point of your posts?!?)
Also, I think my guy will agree with Dan that women are an eternal mystery!
Post a Comment