Sunday, May 04, 2008
On My Way to Becoming an Old Lady
The other day while looking in the mirror, I noticed that my hair looked extra shiny. But no, it wasn't the shine of healthy hair. Instead it was the glitter of silver hair. I found my first gray hair about two years ago and even though I do my best to yank them out, I keep finding more. It occurs to me that I could solve all of this by coloring my hair, but I'm lazy and cheap. And I'm hesitant to commit myself to something that will have a more obvious expiration date than my hair cuts. While I'm okay looking shaggy for a few months, I'm not too keen on having the two-tone look. I know it could be easily fixed with timely hair appointments, but I've never been timely with my hair appointments and somehow I doubt that will change. And the Nice'n Easy route seems like too much effort right now. So for now, I'll just try to ignore the glitter, but I'm sure that one of these days I'll see all that gray as a good excuse to finally do something extra with my hair.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
My friend went gray when she was about 26, and she just lets it go. It looks fine. But my mom does the nice n easy route. I would not know if I have gray hair or not, because I constantly streak mine with blonde. Lame.
My hairdresser says that you're only going gray when you start to see it above your ears in patches. The occasional silver hair here and there is just due to stress and the hair strand losing it's pigment. I totally have the stress silver hairs. I'm trying to start a trend. :)
If you are thirty, don't worry, its just a hair. If your 28 or some thing and youve got grey heir, well...*screams and runs to the nearest shoe store to order a cheeseburger*
Oh yes, that doesen't work!
The International Board of Boo-Boo Prevention
Post a Comment