Friday, April 11, 2008

Ten Years Ago


A little more than ten years ago (which explains why the top picture looks so cwappy), I entered the MTC on my way to my mission in Bolivia . Overall the MTC was a good experience, once I let go of my need to always play the devil's advocate. I did gain some weight while there, but I like to joke that the parasites took care of that for me. By the end of my mission I was back to normal. And even though I did have two parasites while in Bolivia (E. coli and Giardia) I think the fact that we walked almost everywhere had more to do with the way I looked when I got home.

This past week, I got to go back to the MTC when my little sister went in on Wednesday on her way to her mission in the Netherlands. I think it's a good sign that I had positive feelings when I walked inside the gates rather than an overwhelming claustrophobia. I will admit that I cried through most of the orientation, probably because I'll miss Christa and probably because I know that she's headed on a journey that will make her the happiest she's ever been and the saddest--sometimes all at the same time. I'm looking forward to hearing about her adventures over the next few years.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wow, I'm old. Was that 10 years ago??

Timid Tripper said...

Yup, it was. I entered the MTC in 1998. Crazy, huh?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Timid Tripper said...

Lauren, you're revealing your true age. Better watch out for the gmail police.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

What are you talking about?