Wednesday, July 04, 2007
Happy Fourth!
After rapidly gaining weight during the last month of school, I decided I needed something to motivate me to exercise this summer. So, for the first time in five years, I participated in a 5K race this morning. All night long I had dreams that I got sidetracked by roses and left behind during the race or I got lost and didn't know what the race route was. But none of those things happened this morning. Since I hadn't participated in a race for five years, I just wanted to run it in under thirty minutes and I did! I also was passed by quite a few people including children less than half my age and people older than me. All in all, it was fun! Maybe I'll sign up for another race before another five years slips by.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Nice job! Maybe when I live in a less humid place I'll give a 5K a try.
Good Job! You are an inspiration!
Conrad and I were talking about how we wish we had time to come up to SLC and visit you guys while we were down there. Maybe next time.
When are you going to Cali next? Conrad wants to go down for the BYU / UCLA game. We'll see...
We should run the 10k Rex E. Lee run next year!
Lisa,
I don't know if you'll check back here, but we would love to see you guys again. It was so fun last time we got together. Our next trip to California probably won't be until Christmas, but who knows.
I tried your stretching suggestion with the styrofoam rolly-thing yesterday at the gym. It was painful, but at least I could do it. Maybe it will help since I noticed it was more painful on my left leg, and it's my left knee that always bothers me. If it works and my knee starts feeling better, we should totally do a race with Christa.
Post a Comment