Sunday, March 29, 2009

I'm a Sucka

For me, spring is about green shoots, windy days, baby animals, and Girl Scout Cookies. I love Girl Scout Cookies because I can only enjoy their different varieties once a year. Or so I thought.

Tonight as I was chowing down on some Samoas, I wondered aloud why no one has tried to make cookies like the Girl Scout cookies to sell year round. Dan looked at me like I was daft and said something like "maybe because Girl Scout cookies themselves are basically a knock off of other cookies." And suddenly it hit me that I don't have to wait for spring and girls shivering outside my grocery store behind boxes of cookies to satisfy my craving for Thin Mints. Thanks to the Keebler Elves, I can get Grasshoppers or Peanut Butter Filled cookies (Tagalongs) anytime I really want them. And Do-Si-Dos basically = Nutterbutters. 

Now that I've realized that I could be eating these things year round, they no longer taste that good to me, except I haven't found an equivalent for Samoas. Does anyone out there know of one? Because I'm certainly not buying these cookies to help little girls make their financial goals.


3 comments:

Cami said...

Yes, but where do we get Samoas?? Oh yeah, those are just 100 grand. Well, still fun to get girl scout cookies.

La La Land said...

Believe me, if I know of a Samoa knock off, my freezer would have more space!

Anonymous said...

I have no experience with Girl Scout cookies, but I do love those thin mints.