On Tuesday I made chocolate dipped cookies. It was quite the production as I tried to stretch the 12 oz. of chocolate I had melted to as many cookies as possible before nap time ended. So I got chocolate all over my hands and wrists and, as it turns out, all over my face. Only I didn't realize that I had chocolate on my face until after I had been to the library to check out an exercise DVD (oh the irony!). Instead I found out when Dan said, "What do you have all over your face?" That's when I finally looked at myself in the mirror and found chocolate on my cheek, around my mouth, and there was even a dab on my forehead. Yup, I looked like a two year old who has just finished eating a fudgesicle. No wonder the librarian who checked out my DVD seemed to rush through the process. I think she was trying to avoid staring at me.
As trivial as this experience was, I've decided that there's a lesson to be learned that's even more trivial. The next time I see someone with a booger hanging out of their nose or a big hunk of broccoli in their teeth, I don't think I'm going to say anything, because I've decided that's the less embarrassing route for all of us. The librarian could have said something to me, but having made a trip to the bathroom to take care of things, I would have to face her again either as I walked out or to finish checking out my DVD. Personally, I like to live with the fantasy that since she never said anything, she didn't really notice the chocolate ALL over my face. And I think others want to live with that fantasy too.
But if I happen to be walking around with my skirt tucked into my tights, then I do want to know about that as soon as possible.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh, I needed that tonight. I am laughing so hard I am crying, and I'm pretty sure that when I wake up in the middele of the night to go to the bathroom, I'll still be laughing! Love it!
An excercise DVD! Hah!
That's the funniest story ever...Thanks!! Still smiling and glad that I'm not the only one who thinks, maybe they didn't notice my zipper was down ALL day!!
HA! Yes, let's all DO find out about the skirt business.
Sorry about your chocolate face! I try to only eat stuff that doesn't show so much . . . like the pounds of sugar popcorn I ate today.
Post a Comment