I'm no good at forwards or those emails where you answer questions and send them back, but I figured I could at least take a stab at this one. Maybe it will bring me good karma.
1. What I was doing 10 years ago: Ten years ago I was a junior in college, finally hitting my stride. I had just changed majors from Chemistry to English and I was days away from deciding to turn in my mission papers.
2. Five years ago: I'm getting old enough that all the years are starting to blend together and I have to think really hard to remember what I was doing. I was well past that time of life when most years are accompanied by a milestone of some sort. If I remember right, I was just starting my second year of my three-year long career as an editor, and it was getting old. We were also in the midst of law school, but semester grades no longer had the same negative influence on our mental and emotional health.
3. One year ago: We had just moved back to Utah from California and I had just accepted a job working as a teacher's aid with kids in the custody of the state. I was terrified. Little did I know that I was going to be teaching at a private school less than six months later. Neither did I know that that environment would lead me to inadvertently drop the F-bomb. I was trying to convey what one of my students had said to me and I had every intention of editing the quote, but as Dan says, it slipped off my tongue as if I were a regular user. Aw, those were the days.
4. Yesterday: At the rate I'm going on this thing, yesterday is constantly changing.
5. 5 snacks I enjoy: Swedish fish, Trader Joe's Tomato and Basil hummus, Hot Tamales, almonds and craisens, Zkids Cliff bars, and chocolate covered cinnamon bears.
6. 5 things I would do if I suddenly had $100 million: I would take a trip to England and go on a walking tour. I know this isn't five things, but I was an English major after all and math isn't my strong suit.
7. 5 locations I would like to run away to: Louisiana, Southern California, Great Britain, Hawaii, Costa Rica
8. 5 bad habits I have: My addiction to certain TV shows (see below), putting off housework, spending too much time on lesson plans and grading papers, dropping the F-bomb occasionally
9. 5 thinks I like doing: reading, writing lesson plans, blogging, watching British movies, running
10. 5 TV shows I like: Bones, House, The Office, and Lost and that's way too many for me.
11. 5 things I hate doing: grading papers, ironing, dishes, grading papers, talking to parents who believe their child before they believe me
12. 5 biggest joys of the moment: talking with Dan, reading Abhorsen, the promise of going to bed soon, animal crackers dipped in peanut butter, seeing the surface of my surprisingly clean computer desk for the first time in weeks (only now I notice all the dust)
I tag my cousin Vegas Babe only because I want to see what a blogger with stripper-like name would write (and I want to see how often she reads my blog). Hee-hee.
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I have somehow avoided doing this one! But it is quite interesting. I agree on what to do with the million. Maybe not so much walking . . .
I am so happy I found your blog! I am excited to keep up with you easier now!
I learned lots. It was f*ing insightful.;)
I'm curious what Vegas Babe will say, too.
Okay, so I am a few days behind in my own blogging as well as getting updated on my dear cousin’s blogdom… I wonder how long I can get away with this excuse…
“I am planning a wedding and… boo-hoo… my groom is in Iraq… pity me and send me presents…
Anyway, I can accept a tag… you will have to visit my blog… and it might take me a day to get my update posted:
http://www.frommyeyes2yours.blogspot.com/
P.S. The F word?!? I am shocked and glad to know you are woman enough to admit the truth... me too, but only under my breath and usually when driving. Does that count?
Post a Comment