
Isn't this the most adorable cactus you have ever seen? In case the picture doesn't come through too clearly, the white stuff is sort of like fur, but I admit I didn't find it so adorable that I was willing to touch the stuff.
The Huntington is one of my favorite discoveries since coming to Los Angeles. The place is full of art and beautiful gardens and the best part about it is that the first Thursday of every month is free--a fact that's even more exciting when you realize that it normally costs around $15 a person. On my most recent visit, I was especially impressed by the Desert Garden. Now, in my experience Desert Gardens have been about as exciting as a pet rock. Cactus is cactus. But the Huntington Desert Garden was full of a variety of cactus and desert plants that are interesting even when they aren't in bloom. I especially liked the fuzzy cactus you see here.

No comments:
Post a Comment