Monday, January 22, 2007

The World according to Five Year Old Boys

So, once again I have a calling in Primary, but this time I'm teaching four boys ages five and six. For the most part, they're pretty good, but they get easily distracted. Yesterday at the end of a lesson on the commandments, including the commandment to be kind, one of the kids said to me, "When I'm older, my dad is going to teach me how to break someone's ankle and their arm and their leg and their elbow."

"What about being kind?" I asked.

"Well, bad guys don't count. You can kill bad buys," he explained.

Later, when I recounted this story to Dan, I said that for these kids, the world is divided into good guys and bad guys and they all have super powers.

Dan replied, "You mean George Bush is in your primary class?"

1 comment:

Christa said...

Alisa, I wish I were as cool as your husband. As it is, I just wear shirts that he makes cooler by his witty jokes. Which I then shamelessly reuse when he's not around.