Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Here's Snow in Your Eye
Perhaps because we spent last winter in sunny southern California where the "winter" weather always seemed to hover between spring and fall, I've really been looking forward to snow this winter. Last night and today we got our first decent snowfall in the valley. As soon as the possibility of snow was mentioned in the weather forecast last week, I was excited. But I wasn't so excited last night when I walked out of Target with my arms full of toilet paper and my hands full of shopping bags into the driving snow. Instead of lovely large flakes floating through the sky, it was a full-on blizzard with horizontal snowfall. The snow was blowing straight into my face, blinding me and quickly collecting on my scarf, which conveniently held the snow against my neck. Yeah, the excitement was quickly replaced with disgust. I’m not really into complaining about winter, but every time I think it can’t get any colder, it does. I spent one year in California, and I came back a whiny wimp.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Heheh - Great description. I think I'm a wimp now, too. Blasted Southern California weather. :)
Post a Comment